My eight year old son Jonathan made cookies tonight with our jam. He typed out the recipe to share at the farmers market tomorrow. I thought I would also share here.
2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter softened
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup strawberry jam
2 bowls medium and large
measuring cups and spoons
small glass bowl
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. line the baking tray with foil.
3. in the medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt
4. in a large bowl cream together the butter and the sugar using the electric mixer.
Then mix in the egg and the vanilla.
5. add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until all the
ingredients are combined
6. use your hands to form the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart
on the baking tray.Or you can roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to cut out fun
shapes.put a hole in the center each cookie with your finger
7. take the spoon and take a little jam and put it into the cookie then bake for 10-15 minutes
or until the cookie are done. carefully move the cookies to the wire rack to cool .
Tip- put foil on the wire rack.
hope you enjoy your cookies