We love hot pepper jelly at our house, right out of the jar with cream cheese and crackers
. But sometimes you need to mix things up. I found two recipes on the Stonewall Kitchen website that I modified a bit and tested with our family and friends. Big Hit!! Please try them and then come back and tell me what you think, I’d love to hear your comments. If you have a great suggestion for eating hot pepper jelly, I’d love to hear that too!
Hot Pepper & Goat Cheese Mini Tarts
Makes 45 small tarts
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces goat cheese
8 ounce jar of Sakonnet Farm hot pepper jelly, your preferred heat level
3 boxes fillo shells (found in freezer section)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together goat & cream cheeses until smooth
3. Place frozen shells onto a baking sheet. Fill each shell with aprox ½ tsp cheese mixture
4. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes
5. Use the back of the spoon to flatten down the cheese.
6. Top with aprox ½ tsp hot pepper jelly
7. Bake for another 5 minutes or until filling is hot
Savory Hot Pepper Spread
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 small jalapeno, finely minced
1 8-ounce package of goat cheese, softened
1 3-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 4-ounce jar Hot Pepper Jelly, your choice of heat
2 Tablespoons each of basil, parsley and chives, finely chopped
In a medium size bowl combine garlic, jalapeno, goat cheese, cream cheese, hot pepper jelly and herbs. Mix until uniform.
Serve with your choice of crackers.